When I was a kid and I couldn’t sleep, I would make up stories to go with the pictures in my storybooks. So when I say I’ve always wanted to be a storyteller, I’m not exaggerating. This has developed into a full-fledged obsession with content marketing. Finding the most effective ways to tell a story that will grab on to your audience, solve their problems and compel them to share is one of my favorite challenges.
Smart Home Security Trends To Watch In 2019
- Problem: We have a lot of smart expertise within the company, but it’s not often represented online in a way that establishes us as an expert in the field.
- Goals: Create a trend article that is interesting to both consumers and those in the industry and that says something different than other similar think pieces. Utilize the expertise of both internal and external partners. Present the information with unique graphics.
- Audience: Young, Tech-Focused Customers/ Potential Customers and Industry
An Awkward Girl’s Guide To Attending A Professional Conference
- Problem: Marketing professionals are so often extroverts and advice for introverts who want to take part in professional networking don’t necessarily have the same resources.
- Goals: Express what I learned from my first professional conference in a way that other introverts might learn from.
- Audience: Introverted Millennial Professionals
International Traveling For First-Timers
- Problem: I did a lot of web research before taking my first long international trip, but most of what I read didn’t take into account the specific challenges and stresses I felt as an introvert and self-described awkward person.
- Goals: Put together the things I learned with the photos I took to share my unique perspective on traveling as an introvert.
- Audience: Introverted Millennial Travelers
Make A Difference: Secure a Career with Guardian Today
- Problem: Our HR team wanted to add the core values they were looking for on our career page. After reviewing, we thought we could tell a more compelling story about why working at Guardian is unique.
- Goals: Create a more compelling page recruit potential employees who care about making the world a better place (which is a noted goal of many millennial job seekers).
- Audience: Job seekers who are highly motivated by our core mission.
Other Published Writing
- Virtual pilgrimage to Lourdes Nominations for Catholic Charities highlights annual disabilities retreat
- St. Edward Parish pantry honored as county food bank’s agency of year
- Sondra’s Garden dedicated with butterfly release
- Speaker inspires Seton Hill graduates
- “Carnival Ride” was published in Eye Contact’s Fall 2013 issue.
- “The Perfect Paragraph,” a piece of flash fiction, was published in Eye Contact’s Fall 2013 issue.
- “Summer Camp” was published in Eye Contact’s Spring 2013 issue.
- “Nightmares and Real Life,” a piece of flash fiction, was published by Fiction 365 on May 12, 2012.
- “Death of the Author” was published in Eye Contact‘s Spring 2012 issue.
- “Tonight” and “The End” were published at Milk Sugar in their October/November issue.